Fantasy, mystery, thrillers, horror, historical. . .I write it all, and review it too!

Apr 21, 2011

Starting a virtual book tour

Well, my first novel is out and it's time to do a virtual book tour! Every weekday in the month of May I plan to be at a different blog or website doing interviews, writing guest posts, and whatever else my hosts ask me to do (within reason, no naked webcams).

I sent out a call for hosts two days ago on some of the writing discussion groups I subscribe to, and I already have half the dates filled. You have to love the support you find in writing community!

Fellow author Marian Allen also supplied me with some helpful links for the novice virtual book tourist, including this excellent article on virtual book tours.

I know I still have a lot to learn about this business, and perhaps you do too, so when I get some insights into what works and what doesn't I'll be sure to post here. It's not just Medieval Mondays here at Genreauthor! If you have any advice, I'm all ears. If you want to host me, I'm all gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gene! I'm in BBT Cafe and saw your request for hosts. I can help, and lead you to a lot of fantasy blogs. Are you following my site?

    ReplyDelete